The Registered Master Builders Apprentice of the Year, in association with Carters, aims to recognise excellence among carpentry apprentices and raise awareness of career opportunities in the building and construction industry. It’s a competition that tests several aspects of a well-rounded apprentice, not just their skills on the tools.
Ten regional award ceremonies have been held around the country during August and September. The competition will culminate in a national final being held in Auckland at The Cloud on 8 - 9 October.
At the national final, regional winners will be interviewed by a panel of three judges and will be put through their paces with a practical skills competition.
The National Winner of RMB Carters’ Apprentice of the Year will receive an amazing array of prizes including:
- The use of a brand new Ford Ranger Utility for one year, proudly provided by Carters.
- Carters Business Tools Grant – a $5,000 grant towards furthering your career, e.g. courses, laptop, or travel to industry conferences or expos.
- High quality trade products and tools from one or more of the following: Stanley, Irwin, Snell Packaging and Safety and Hitachi.
- An Apple iPad loaded with industry documents
- The winner’s employer will receive a Carters employer award of an Apple iPad.
Second and third placegetters will win an Apple iPad loaded with industry documents and high quality trade products and tools from one or more of the following: Stanley, Irwin, Snell Packaging and Safety and Hitachi.
BCITO congratulates all regional winners and looks forward to celebrating the achievements of the National Winner.
If you’re based in Auckland, feel free to call into The Cloud on 9 October to cheer the guys on.
Applications are now open for IAG Trade Scholarships for BCITO Carpentry and Glazing apprentices.
Work in the flooring industry? You're invited to attend the biggest get-together and celebration scheduled for the industry this year.