How we apply Te Tiriti /the Treaty day-to-day
Kāwanatanga: honourable governance for mutual benefit
- Our processes, actions, decision-making and delivery of services are informed and shaped equally by tangata whenua and tangata Tiriti worldviews and perspectives.
- We work in partnership with tangata whenua.
Tino Rangatiratanga: Māori self-determination/sovereignty
- We recognise the importance of tangata whenua authority and autonomy.
- We take active steps to support tangata whenua led processes, actions and decision-making through the sharing of power and resources.
Ōritetanga: equity for Māori
- We undertake specific actions to ensure equitable outcomes for tangata whenua.
Wairuatanga: upholding belief systems
- Tangata whenua worldviews, values and wairuatanga are respected in our work.