How long it takes
The New Zealand Certificate in Architectural Aluminium Joinery (Level 3) with strands in Machining and Fabrication typically takes 18 months to complete.
How much it costs
You can find out more about costs by referring to What it costs and how long it takes page for the 2024 Course Fees and 2024 Off-Job Training Fees. For more information contact the team at BCITO Te Pūkenga.
What you'll learn
You'll learn the skills required by people working with architectural aluminium joinery.
The compulsory section of this qualification covers
- customer service and teamwork
- safe working practices
- select, use and maintain hand and power tools
- materials and methods
- handle, store, check and despatch joinery extrusions and components through to finished products
- adhesive and sealants
The optional Machining elective covers:
- machine and cut extrusions
The optional Fabrication elective covers:
- glaze frames
- assemble joinery products
- prepare and fit reveals
Need to know more?
For additional qualification information refer to the NZQA website or call us: 0800 422 486.