How long it takes
The National Certificate in Flooring: Flooring Planning and Design (Level 4) typically takes 2 years to complete.
How it's delivered
This programme is delivered by distance by the Allied Trades Institute and is completed in your own time at your own place. Optional one-day contact courses are offered which you can attend to have assessments undertaken.
How much it costs
Anyone can enrol in this qualification for FREE!
What you'll learn
You'll learn the skills required by people working in the retail and/or wholesale sectors of the flooring industry.
- produce quality scale plans of flooring worksites
- quantify flooring products
- prepare flooring quotations
- clarify job requirements
- care and maintenance of floor coverings
- composition, manufacturing, installation and performance of soft, resilient, cork and wood flooring products and associated coatings and adhesives
- legislation and regulatory standards
- identify and assess on-site hazards
- examine and evaluate flooring substrates
- carry out moisture tests
- flooring design trends and construction techniques.
Need to know more?
For additional qualification information refer to the NZQA website or call us: 0800 422 486.