How long it takes
The National Certificate in Flooring: Flooring Planning and Design (Level 4) typically takes 2 years to complete.
How it's delivered
This programme is delivered by distance by the Allied Trades Institute and is completed in your own time at your own place. Optional one-day contact courses are offered which you can attend to have assessments undertaken.
How much it costs
The programme fee is $1,400. This fee must be paid at sign up time.
What you'll learn
You'll learn the skills required by people working in the retail and/or wholesale sectors of the flooring industry.
- produce quality scale plans of flooring worksites
- quantify flooring products
- prepare flooring quotations
- clarify job requirements
- care and maintenance of floor coverings
- composition, manufacturing, installation and performance of soft, resilient, cork and wood flooring products and associated coatings and adhesives
- legislation and regulatory standards
- identify and assess on-site hazards
- examine and evaluate flooring substrates
- carry out moisture tests
- flooring design trends and construction techniques.
Need to know more?
For additional qualification information refer to the NZQA website or call us: 0800 422 486.