How long it takes
New Zealand Certificate in Stonemasonry Level 4 typically takes 2-4 years to complete.
How much it costs
What you'll learn
You'll learn the skills required by people working in the stonemasonry industry. You have to complete the compulsory section of the qualification as well as one other strand.
The compulsory section of this qualification covers fundamentals including:
- tools and equipment
- measurement and calculation
- drawings and specifications
- planning and communication
- selecting and processing stone
- other materials used with stone
The Construction Stonemasonry strand covers:
- consents and building science for construction stonemasonry
- setting out and laying foundations for constructing stonemasonry
- laying stone cladding, flooring and paving
- constructing structural elements, dry stone elements and landscaping architectural features in stone
- repairing and refurbishing stonemasonry
The Monumental Masonry strand covers:
- consents and permits for monumental masonry
- designing, creating and installing memorials
- repairing and refurbishing monumental masonry
The Natural Stone Fixtures and Fittings strand covers:
- creating and installing natural stone fixtures and fittings
- repairing and refurbishing natural stone fixtures and fittings
The Banker Masonry (optional) strand covers:
- design and techniques related to banker masonry.
The Conservation and preservation (optional) strand covers:
- design and techniques related to conservation and preservation
Need to know more?
For additional qualification information refer to the NZQA website or call us: 0800 422 486.