How long it takes
The National Certificate in Precast Concrete Level 3 typically takes 45 months to complete.
How much it costs
The first year start-up fee for precast concrete is $1,110, and each year after that there is an additional annual fee of $790. If you enrol in additional concrete strands, $210 will be added for each strand. Read more about fees and payment.
What you'll learn
You will gain the skills required by industry for precast concrete product manufacturers. This qualification covers the following areas:
- health and safety
- moulds and demoulding
- environmental management
- plant and equipment
- fabrication and reinforcing
- curing and remedial work
- handling, lifting and transport
- confined space entry
- orders for materials and products
- manufacture and fabrication of moulds
- cutting and drilling concrete
- crane operation
- manufacturing precast concrete panels, beams, columns and stairs
- manufacturing prestressed beams and columns, flooring units and panels
- manufacture precast concrete tanks
- manufacture traditional concrete tanks.
Need to know more?
For additional qualification information refer to the NZQA website or call us: 0800 422 486.