How long it takes
The National Certificate in Flooring (Level 4) typically takes 3 years to complete.
How much it costs
The first year start-up fee for flooring is $775, and each year after that there is an additional annual fee of $790. You'll receive separate invoices for off-job training fees as these become scheduled. Read more about fees and payment.
What you'll learn
You'll learn the skills required by people who install floor coverings. This qualification covers:
- characteristics of chemicals
- producing scale plans
- assessing moisture content
- examining and evaluating substrates
- identifying hazards
- legislation and regulatory standards
- carpet installation
- fine sand and finishes
- resilient flooring installation
- substrate preparation
- timber overlay installation
- resin flooring application
Need to know more?
For additional qualification information refer to the NZQA website or call us: 0800 422 486.