How long it takes
The New Zealand Certificate in Frame & Truss Detailing Level 4 typically takes 2 years to complete.
How much it costs
The first year start-up fee for frame and truss detailing is $1,315, and each year after that there is an additional annual fee of $790. Read more about fees and payment.
What you'll learn
You'll learn the skills required by people working in frame and truss detailing. This qualification covers:
- applying knowledge of construction principles and materials
- understanding and operating within regulatory environments
- determining timber requirements and applying knowledge of floor, wall and roof construction
- using proprietary certified specific software
- interpreting plans, working drawings and specifications
- making effective judgments about design and structural integrity
- identifying and analysing problems associated with frame and truss detailing
- implementing and evaluating solutions that address problems.
Need to know more?
For additional qualification information refer to the NZQA website or call us: 0800 422 486.