How long it takes
The New Zealand Certificate in Glass Processing Level 4 typically takes 30 months to complete.
How much it costs
The first year start-up fee for Glass Processing is $1,610. If you choose to enrol in more than three strands there is a separate fee of $210 fee per strand. Each year after that there is an additional annual fee of $790. Read more about fees and payment.
What you'll learn
You'll learn the skills required by people who process glass. This qualification covers:
- workplace fundamentals including safety, teamwork, customer service, legislation and drawings
- glass knowledge and terminology
- cutting glass manually and by machine
- glass processing including edgework, notching, drilling and countersinking
- calculating, ordering and moving glass
- insulated glass units (IGUS)
- toughened and heat strengthened glass
- screen printed glass
- laminated glass
- CNC machinery
Need to know more?
For additional qualification information refer to the NZQA website or call us: 0800 422 486.