How long it takes
The National Certificate in Stonemasonry Level 5 typically takes 3 years to complete.
How much it costs
The first year start-up fee for stonemasonry is $885, and each year after that there is an additional annual fee of $790. You'll receive a prompt-payment discount of $100 each year if you pay before your due date. Read more about fees and payment.
What you'll learn
You'll learn the skills required by people working in the stonemasonry industry.
This qualification covers:
- polishing, packing, loading and dispatching natural stone products
- working with natural stone materials
- selecting, procuring, cutting and shaping stone
- fabricating, laying fitting and fixing
- specifying materials and methods for construction
- appraising and selecting stone blocks
- shaping and deep carving
- primary and secondary preparation of raw materials
- fixing stone slabs mechanically and manually
- restoring, preserving and maintaining stone features, monuments and buildings.
Need to know more?
For additional qualification information refer to the NZQA website or call us: 0800 422 486.