You are eligible to enter this competition if you are currently completing the National Certificate in Kitchen and Bathroom design Level 4, or National Diploma in Design, Kitchen or Bathroom Design Level 5, or were awarded either of the aforementioned qualifications between 1 January 2017 and 29 June 2018.
Conditions of entry
- Both CAD and hand-drawn designs and plans are acceptable.
- The use of NKBA drawing standards is encouraged but not compulsory.
- Judges decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No designs will receive feedback.
- All designs submitted into this competition must be the work of the designer entering.
- Entry opens on Monday 21 May 2018
- Entry closes at 12 noon on Friday 29 June 2018
- No late entries will be accepted unless previously communicated and agreed on with BCITO.
- Entries are to be sent submitted in an A3 clearlite folder with accompanying USB flash drive containing PDF and jpg renders of your design.
- Please include an email address so a confirmation of the award entry received can be sent.
- Prize awarded belongs to the individual designer.
- The competition winner must agree to be available for consultation during the construction of the new BCITO kitchen.
- If you require clarification on any of these conditions please contact us by email to Verina Jones
Ownership rights, publication and media
- BCITO reserves the right to make further updates/alterations to the winning design in consultation with the winning designer.
- BCITO reserves the rights to use all design/designer and other designs submitted for marketing and promotional purposes.
How judging works
- All eligible Kitchen & Bathroom Design students will be given the opportunity to submit entries for the competition.
- A judging panel will select the top 6 designs on Thursday 5 July.
- The 6 designs chosen will be shared on the BCITO Facebook page where followers will choose their top 3 favourite designs by public vote.
- Facebook voting period to select top 3 designs opens 12 noon on Monday 13 July and closes at 12 noon on Friday 20 July.
- BCITO National Office staff will then vote for their favourite design from the top 3.
- BCITO staff voting period to select winning design opens at 12 noon on Monday 30 July and closes at 12 noon on Friday 3 August.
What happens next?
- The winner will be advised by telephone on Friday 3 August shortly after 12 noon.
- The winner will be announced publicly on Facebook on Friday 3 August in the afternoon.
- The winning design will then be implemented as BCITO’s new kitchen.
- The winner will be presented with their prize at NKBA awards Saturday 18 August.