On-Site Assembly Skills micro-credential
Get these skills recognised
- Knowledge of and applying safe work practices
- Knowledge of documentation, working drawings and specifications for building work
- Knowledge of exterior cladding and weather proofing
- Knowledge on installing mechanical fixings and hardware
- Use adhesives and sealants
- Working at heights
- Install weather proofing and exterior cladding
- Install mechanical fixing and hardware
How does a BCITO Te Pūkenga micro-credential work?
- meet with a BCITO Te Pūkenga representative and discuss your training needs
- you and your trainee will both sign a BCITO Te Pūkenga Training Agreement
- you’ll teach the practical skills to your trainee, and a BCITO Te Pūkenga Training Advisor will visit you and your team periodically to carry out assessments and make sure you’re on track
- your trainees will also get theory resources to support their practical learning.
How long does it take?
A BCITO Te Pūkenga micro-credential in On-Site Assembly Skills typically takes six months to complete. Your BCITO Te Pūkenga Training Advisor will work with you and your trainee to keep learning and assessment on track.
Who’s it for?
Businesses who operate in the construction sector
Your team will learn and be recognised for
- Working safely in construction
- Knowledge of exterior cladding and water proofing
- Knowledge of documentation, working drawings and specifications
- Knowledge of installing mechanical fixings and hardware
- Installing weather proofing and exterior cladding
- Installing mechanical fixings and building hardware
- Using adhesives and sealants
- Working at heights under supervision