How long it takes
The New Zealand Certificate in Construction Related Trades (Main Contract Supervision) Level 5 typically takes 10 months to complete.
How much it costs
There are no fees for this qualification except if you are a sole trader in which case the one year fee for construction trades (supervisor) is $1,350. Read more about no fees.
What you'll learn
You’ll learn the skills required to be to be a main contract supervisor in the construction industry. This qualification covers the following areas:
- preparation of order lists for a medium-sized building
- principles and methods of weatherproofing buildings
- construction methods for a medium-sized building.
It also covers supervision of the installation of:
- building site ground-retention systems
- nonstructural exterior building systems
- building services for a medium-sized building
- proprietary ceiling and wall systems for a medium-sized building
- structural precast concrete units.
Need to know more?
For additional qualification information refer to the NZQA website or call us: 0800 422 486.