The AWCI Awards of Excellence are designed to highlight the exceptional standard of interior fit-out and craftmanship in both residential and commercial buildings carried out by AWCI members. In total there were 15 finalists for this year’s awards.
Gabriel Ataya, AWCI President stated, “We have seen some exceptional fit-out work carried out by AWCI members leading to some stunning new interiors for New Zealander’s to enjoy”.
The winners were:
- Commercial over $500,000: Angus Ceilings, Christchurch for their work on the Turanga Library in Christchurch
- Commercial under $500,000: CI Systems, Tauranga for their work on the Tauranga Departure Lounge in Tauranga
- Residential over $100,000: Tauranga Plasterers for their work on a residential house in Tauranga
- Residential under $100,000: Brad McKinnon Plastering for their work on a residential house in Tauranga
- Heritage and People’s Choice: HUSH Interiors for their work on the newly renovated Christchurch Town Hall.
“All the winners deserve high praise for the standard of finish while working within tight budgets and timelines to produce safe, functional interiors,” said Gabriel.
The awards are sponsored by GIB, Rondo and Forman Building Systems.
The Awards of Excellence competition is open to all AWCI members across New Zealand and is held annually to demonstrate and highlight the standard of interior fit out across residential and commercial buildings. Many of the entries comply with strict seismic design principles to ensure they are safe and functional.
Commercial under $500,000 – CI Systems, Tauranga Airport Departure Lounge
Residential over $100,000 – Tauranga Plasterers, Residential Property
PRESS RELEASE 14 MAY 2020 - Speaking today after the announcement of the Budget and the $1.6 billion Trades and Apprenticeships Training Package, Warwick Quinn, BCITO Chief Executive congratulated the Government.
A summary of the meeting held on 7 April.