The Government has announced that construction apprenticeships will be fees free from 1 July 2020 until December 2022.
This is great news for the construction industry, and we are currently working with the Tertiary Education Commission to confirm which BCITO programmes will be eligible for free fees.
Once this has been confirmed, we will be in touch with all customers to let you know how free fees apply to your training.
How will free fees will work for eligible trainees who are already studying and/or have paid their fees for 2020?
- Fees for these trainees will be free from 1 July 2020 – they still need to pay fees to 30 June 2020.
- Those who have paid fees in advance will be refunded for any pre-paid fees covering 1 July 2020 onwards.
- BCITO will be in touch directly regarding any refunds once all details have been finalised by the Government regarding this process.
- BCITO will process refunds as soon as possible – however, due to the volume we expect refunds will take a couple of months.
- Priority will be given to those on direct debits so we do not continue taking funds which then need to be refunded.
What will happen to current debt?
- For those eligible for free fees, we will continue to collect current debt for the period up to 30 June 2020.
More information about apprenticeship funding is available on the Tertiary Education Commission website.
Industry intelligence says there are approximately 300 Resin applicators across New Zealand.
Glenn Bosworth of Bosworth Stone Ltd and Bosworth and Barthel Stone Restoration Ltd enlightens us to the practice that stonemasons had of carving caricatures of themselves into the stonework features.