by Ellie Porteous, General Manager | Deacon Holdings Ltd – NZ Master Franchisee for G J Gardner Homes
Over the past two years, G J Gardner Homes have supported a number of our construction supervisors to complete the New Zealand Certificate in Construction Supervision Level 4. With the support of BCITO, our supervisors could get recognition for the skills they already had along with an assessment of what they needed to learn more about to complete the qualification. For some of them, this was a great way to gain a qualification that recognised their skills and the work they carried out every day.
Here is some feedback from the participants:
- “It really helps if you can tell your clients the level of qualifications the people who are going to be closely working on their investment have.”
- “It makes life a lot easier for prospective employers that can see you have not only the experience but also the qualifications to match.”
- “The way that BCITO operates they have the support structure in the way they deliver and monitor the qualification to help all sorts of learning styles and ages, even those with learning disabilities.”
- “It’s one of those times in life where your family and friends will celebrate with you and you are reminded that the people around you also love seeing you to progress and grow.”
- “Even though I thought before the course, I had a lot of knowledge with what I do, this just enhanced it and I learnt more in depth about time management, employment relations, administration etc.”
- “The BCITO person was helpful, and the material was extensive and self-explanatory.”
- “The course was a great opportunity to gain a qualification recognising the role I am in and also showed that G J Gardner is committed to my personal development.”
- “Although some modules in the course were very basic, others were very informative and I learnt a lot about the tendering process and conflict resolution, which are areas where I had little previous experience.”
Speaking at an industry conference in Christchurch today, BCITO’s GM Customer Experience, Glenn Duncan, launched new resources to support businesses delivering the New Zealand Certificate in Carpentry.
We are pleased to announce the roll-out of the New Zealand Certificate in Carpentry (Level 4) and the associated launch of new carpentry learning resources.