How many grants are available?
Thirty (30) grants are available nationwide in 2019. You can only be awarded an Employer Development Grant once.
How much are the grants worth?
Each grant is for $3,000 incl GST (if applicable).
Who is eligible?
Any employer of a current BCITO apprentice/learner may apply. This also includes supervisors and managers of an employing company.
You must have a current apprentice at the time of your application and at the time your grant is claimed.
Apprentices must be salaried employees.
What can the grants be used for?
You can select any training or development assistance which best suits your personal or business development needs. Some examples include:
- BCITO courses such as Site Supervisor or a Diploma in Construction Management
- Consultation with a business advisor
- Short courses or seminars on small business management, estimating or contract management
- Higher level business-related qualifications
Speak to your local BCITO Training Advisor to find out more about what BCITO courses are available for you and your business.
This grant cannot be used to subsidise wages.
How do you apply?
Applications can be made by completing and submitting the BCITO Employer Development Grant Application Form, along with a portfolio of supporting information. The portfolio should include:
- Evidence of your current situation, including how you are committed to training
- How the grant will help you reach your career and business goals including the added benefit the grant will bring to your business
- What specifically you will use the money for
- Details of your nominated bank account (in the case of a successful grant application, this is where money will be paid) including, a bank statement or image showing: account holder name, bank name and bank number
You can get an application form from your local BCITO Training Advisor or download it here.
When can applications be made?
Applications open on 9 September 2019 and must be received on or before 4 October 2019.
How will applications be considered?
All applications will be considered by BCITO’s Executive Leadership Team (ELT). They may request additional information from the applicant or from their Training Advisor. Successful applicants will demonstrate how well the intended use of the funds, meets the purpose of the grant/scholarship.
All decisions made will be final.
How and when will applicants be notified?
We'll notify you whether your application has been successful or not by mail or phone within one month of the application close date. Your Training Advisor or Business Development Advisor will also be notified.
If you are awarded a grant your name will be published in BC News, you must also be available for media interview if required.
How do successful applicants receive funds?
If you are using this grant to pay your BCITO training fees we will retain the funds which means you won't receive an invoice from us for $3,000 worth of training.
For costs incurred from any other supplier payment will be made direct to your specified bank account.
Want to know more?
Email BCITO scholarships