How many scholarships are available?
Ten (10) are available each year. Individuals can only ever be awarded one Graduate Scholarship.
How much are the scholarships worth?
Each scholarship is for $3,000 incl GST (if applicable).
Who is eligible?
Any BCITO graduate who completes (or is completing) in the 2019 calendar year may apply.
What can the scholarships be used for?
You can use your scholarship for any training programme which best suits your career development. Some examples include:
- BCITO programmes such as Construction Trades – Supervisor, Construction Trades – Main Contract Supervision or Diploma in Construction Management
- Short courses or seminars on small business management, estimating or contract management
- A National Certificate or New Zealand Certificate in a different area of study
- Higher level business-related qualifications
How do you apply?
Applications can be made by completing and submitting the BCITO Graduate Scholarship Application Form, along with a portfolio of supporting information. The portfolio should include:
- Evidence of your current situation and how you are eligible for the scholarship
- Your future career goals in the building and construction industry and how the scholarship will help you reach them
- What specifically you will use the money for, and any supporting documents that are evidence of the cost
- Details of your nominated bank account (in the case of a successful grant application, this is where money will be paid) including, a bank statement or image showing: account holder name, bank name and bank number
When should applications be made?
Applications open on 14 October 2019 and must be received on or before 8 November 2019.
How will applications be considered?
All applications will be considered by BCITO’s Executive Leadership Team (ELT). They may request additional information from the applicant or from their Training Advisor. Successful applicants will demonstrate how well the intended use of the funds, meets the purpose of the grant/scholarship.
All decisions made will be final.
How and when will applicants be notified?
We'll notify you whether your application has been successful or not by mail or phone within one month of the application close date. Your Training Advisor or Business Development Advisor will also be notified.
If you are awarded a grant your name will be published in BC News, you must also be available for media interview if required.
How do successful applicants receive funds?
If you are using this grant to pay your BCITO training fees we will retain the funds which means you won't receive an invoice from us for $3,000 worth of training.
For costs incurred from any other supplier payment will be made direct to your specified bank account.
Want to know more?
Email BCITO scholarships