How many grants are available?
Five (5) grants are available nationwide. You can only be awarded a BCITO Under Subscribed Trades Grant once.
How much is each grant worth?
Each grant is worth $2,500 incl GST (if applicable).
Who is eligible?
Employers taking on an apprentice in an under subscribed trade sector.
The under subscribed trade sectors are:
- Architectural Aluminium Joinery
- Brick & Block Laying
- Exterior Plastering
- Glass & Glazing
- Interior Systems and,
- Painting & Decorating
To be eligible, apprentices must be salaried employee’s with the applying company.
What can this grant help with?
Recipients can use this grant to cover costs associated with training. Some examples include:
- BCITO fees
This grant cannot be used to subsidise wages.
How to apply
You can apply by completing the BCITO Under Subscribed Trades Grant Application, and sending this to us along with a portfolio of supporting information. Your portfolio should include:
- A brief profile of your business and yourself as an employer
- Evidence of your current situation and how you are eligible for the grant
- How the grant will help your business train in your sector, including your business goals
- What specifically you will use the money for, and any supporting documents that are evidence of the cost.
- Details of your nominated bank account (in the case of a successful grant application, this is where money will be paid) including, a bank statement or image showing: account holder name, bank name and bank number
You can get an application form from your BCITO Training Advisor or you can download it here.
When can you apply?
Applications open on Monday 19 August 2019 and must be received on or before Friday 13 September 2019.
How will applications be considered?
All applications will be considered by BCITO’s Executive Leadership Team (ELT). They may request additional information from the applicant or from their Training Advisor. Successful applicants will demonstrate how well the intended use of the funds, meets the purpose of the grant/scholarship.
All decisions made will be final.
How and when will applicants be notified?
We'll notify you whether your application has been successful or not in writing within one month of the application close date. Your BCITO Training Advisor will also be notified.
If you are awarded a grant we will publish your name in our online publication, BC News. You must also be available for media interview if required.
How do successful applicants receive funds?
If you are using this grant to pay your BCITO training fees we will retain the funds which means you won't receive an invoice from us for $2,500 worth of your training fees.
For costs incurred from any other supplier payment will be made direct to your specified bank account.
Want to know more?
Email BCITO scholarships