What is the myBCITO Tools Grant?
One of the biggest costs for students getting into an apprenticeship is the purchase of tools. To help offset these costs for new apprentices who have previously engaged on the myBCITO platform, we are offering 30 myBCITO Tools Grants.
How many grants are available?
Thirty (30) $1,000 tools grants are available nationwide in 2021. Individuals can only be awarded a myBCITO Tools Grant once in their lifetime.
How much are the grants worth?
Each grant is for $1,000 incl GST (if applicable).
Who is eligible?
- be a current apprentice and have signed into an apprenticeship after 1 July 2020 or be looking to start an apprenticeship with BCITO within 6 months of applying for a tools grant;
- applicants must be registered users in the myBCITO community before commencing their apprenticeship or have undertaken a BCITO BCATS / Gateway programme in 2020 or 2021.
What can the grants be used for?
Grant recipients can purchase tools and/or equipment needed for their trade apprenticeship.
How do you apply?
Applications can be made by completing and submitting the application online and supplying a portfolio of information. Your portfolio should include:
- Evidence of your current situation and how you are eligible for the scholarship.
- An explanation of how the tools grant will help you reach your career goals.
- A description of the specific tools you will use the tools grant to purchase including evidence of the cost of those tools.
When should applications be made?
Applications open on 26 July 2021 and must be received on or before 20 August 2021.
How will applications be considered?
All applications will be considered by BCITO managers who may request additional information from the applicant or from their Training Advisor. The managers will assess how well the intended use of the grant meets the purpose of this scheme. All decisions made will be final.
How and when will applicants be notified?
All applicants will be notified by email or phone within one month of the managers meeting, held immediately after applications close. Those awarded grants may also be published on BCITO media channels and must be available for media interview if required.
How are grants claimed once awarded?
Payment will be made direct to the nominated bank account provided in the initial application within two months of the grant being awarded.
BCITO reserves the right to request evidence of how the grant has been used up to one year following payment.