BCITO Gateway services
The BCITO offers the following services:
- signing your Gateway students into a BCITO Gateway Training and Assessment MoU
- providing comprehensive learning and resource packages for your students
- assessing theory unit standards once completed
- assisting you in getting to know your local industry employers
- helping students make career decisions
- introducing students to prospective employers when they leave school
- providing appropriate building and construction information for careers advisors
- assisting you with the consent-to-assess processes.
Theory and practical components
Theory component: BCITO will provide you with the teaching resources required to undertake the theory component for each Gateway programme package. Unit standards from National Certificates are used to provide your students with meaningful outcomes as they progress through the theory work.
Practical component: The practical sections are designed to replicate a BCITO apprentice’s record of work and assessment manual. It contains sections on the key practical activities that a student may be involved in, and a place to record what they have done when on their Gateway work placement.
Become a Gateway employer
Find out how you could be a Gateway programme employer.