Get these skills recognised
- install wall, ceiling, and underfloor insulation, and ground vapour barriers
- knowledge of installing wall, ceiling, underfloor insulation, and ground vapour barriers
- knowledge of insulation products
- interpret plans and specifications for insulation installation.
How does a BCITO Te Pūkenga micro-credential work?
- meet with a BCITO Te Pūkenga representative and discuss your training needs
- you and your trainee will both sign a BCITO Te Pūkenga Training Agreement
- you’ll teach the practical skills to your trainee, and a BCITO Te Pūkenga Training Advisor will visit you and your team periodically to carry out assessments and make sure you’re on track
- your trainees will also get theory resources to support their practical learning.
How long does it take?
A BCITO Te Pūkenga micro-credential in Insulation Installation typically takes six months to complete. Your BCITO Te Pūkenga Training Advisor will work with you and your trainee to keep learning and assessment on track.
Who’s it for?
Businesses who install insulation.
Your team will learn and be recognised for
- Applying safe working practices
- Using correct tools and equipment
- Understanding the correct methods to install insulation
- Understanding the legal requirements for the use of insulation in new buildings and residential rental properties
- Knowledge of insulation products
- Preparing to install insulation
- Installing wall, ceiling and underfloor insulation and ground vapour barriers
- Interpreting plans and specifications for insulation installation