How long it takes
The New Zealand Certificate in Carpentry Level 4 typically takes 3-4 years to complete.
How much it costs
The first year start-up fee for carpentry is $1,650, and each year after that there is an additional annual fee of $810. Read more about fees and payment.
What you'll learn
You'll learn the skills required by people working in the carpentry industry. This qualification covers:
- tools, equipment and materials
- legislation, consents and licensing
- building types and methods
- drawings and specifications
- building science and mathematics
- planning and communication
- site establishment and maintenance, demolition and set-out
- framed floors, concrete floors, retaining walls
Frames and structures
- walls, roofs, ceilings, columns, posts, beams and portals
- roof claddings, exterior joinery, wall claddings
Interior lining and finishing
- insulation, linings, finishing trim, interior joinery, hardware, sound control
Need to know more?
For additional qualification information refer to the NZQA website or call us: 0800 422 486.