How long it takes
The New Zealand Certificate in Carpentry Level 4 typically takes 3-4 years to complete.
How much it costs
Anyone can enrol in this qualification for FREE!
What you'll learn
You'll learn the skills required by people working in the carpentry industry. This qualification covers:
- tools, equipment and materials
- legislation, consents and licensing
- building types and methods
- drawings and specifications
- building science and mathematics
- planning and communication
- site establishment and maintenance, demolition and set-out
- framed floors, concrete floors, retaining walls
Frames and structures
- walls, roofs, ceilings, columns, posts, beams and portals
- roof claddings, exterior joinery, wall claddings
Interior lining and finishing
- insulation, linings, finishing trim, interior joinery, hardware, sound control
Need to know more?
For additional qualification information refer to the NZQA website or call us: 0800 422 486.