Great ways to prepare for assessment
- If you are new to the industry, spend the first couple of months learning to be a good employee and workmate. Get to know your team, the work they do and how they go about it.
- If you are experienced but new to BCITO Te Pūkenga, put together a list of previous employers and a portfolio of jobs that you have done, including photos.
- Write down in a diary or exercise book what you do each week. Include things you learned to do so you can refer back to your diary during conversations.
- Take photos of the jobs you work on to upload to myBCITO as evidence and to show your Training Advisor.
- Get prepared to kōrero to your Training Advisor about the work you’ve done.